Additional things to consider especially when applying for a mortgage:
- Excavation fees can vary once a build has begun, especially if contaminated soil is struck, or the bedrock is too soft for the home's footings requirements.
- Permits and legal fees add to the costs.
- Working restrictions surrounding local hydro facilities. (Hydro companies may have to move or temporarily disable power lines, install poles etc.
- Backfill gravel requirements can also change, once the site has been excavated.
- Municipal regulations and requirements, may add small but existent tasks to a build.
- Surveying will be a requirement, at the onset of a build.
- Connection of home to sewer & water lines and the related costs, if building within a community that has that infrastructure, must be considered.
- Driveway: Keep in mind the costs of paving, crushed rock fill or both.
- Landscaping or lawn seeding, fill etc.
A home builder should be conscience of these things when submitting paperwork, estimates etc. to their bank during the setting up of the mortgage. A raw quote for a home may not include these, or only cover some.